Events will be added to this page as and when they are organised.
For an idea of some of the events we run, check out the Past Events page.
Maximum Classics Trainer training – Friday 26 January 2018, 11-5pm
Charlie Andrews from Capital Classics will be providing training to teachers and tutors in the new course, Maximum Classics.
The training is for teachers and tutors with prior Classics teaching experience.
If you are interested in the event, please contact Jessica Coatesworth
Teacher Training: Latin – Monday 19-Thursday 22 February 2018
A crash course in Latin! Over the course of three days we will provide teachers with enough Latin to teach the OCR Entry Level Certificate and other one-year courses.
There will also be a handling and training session provided by Manchester Museum
Venue: Manchester Museum, Lab space
Please RSVP to confirm attendance
Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Magnum ice creams – your students love the Ancient World already! Find out how to weave their enthusiasm for all things Greek and Roman into your teaching as an engaging support tool for the delivery of the National Curriculum.
Discover how you can use Classics at Key Stage 2 to:
- Improve literacy for students of all abilities including grammar, spelling, storytelling, and writing.
- Enhance study of the Greek and Romans as part of Key Stage 2 History curriculum
- Explore key concepts in maths and science.
- Promote cross curricular approaches to the teaching of PHSE, citizenship and ethics and the arts
- Introduce Latin at Key Stage 2 as part of the Modern Foreign Languages requirement, either as a subject in its own right or to reinforce the teaching of French and Spanish.
By the end of the course you will be fully equipped with the training, resources, and classroom-ready Latin you need to integrate the depth and diversity of Classics into today’s busy curriculum.
Venue: Belton Woods, Grantham, NG32 2LN
To book a place please go to the NEU website